Parmak Magnum Solar-Pak 12 Electric Fence Charger Review
Are you tired of waking up at midnight day by day just to check whether your livestock still remains inside the fences? Also, you are having to put many hard efforts to keep your domesticated plants and animals away from different types of herbivorous or omnivorous.
That sounds somehow tiring. So, why don’t you think of the electrified fencing system? And the Parmak Magnum Solar-Pak 12 Electric Fence Charger is not a bad option.
In this article, I will provide the in-depth review with many useful pieces of information, including its cool features, pros and cons, as well as an overview of the brand. Scroll down to know more!
Table of Contents
The Highlights of Parmak Magnum Solar-Pak 12 Electric Fence Charger
- Sealed 12-volt rechargeable battery
- Latest state-of-the-art solar panel
- Advanced and exclusive circuitry
- Low impedance
- 3-function performance meter
- 2-year warranty
- Simple design
- Replacement and repair for lightning damages in 2 years of warranty
- Free energy source all the time
- A meter indicating 3 conditions
- Longer life and maximum power
- Fairly expensive
The Parmak Brand
Parmak is a manufacturer that has been working in electric fencing for nearly 100 years. It was established in 1921 and has been playing a leading role in this business.
The brand is known to offer high-quality products, from electrified fencing to insulators, and accessories. Besides, it also provides great customer service and support, despite whether it is in or out of warranty.
In-depth Parmak MAG12-SP Electric Fence Charger Review
At first glance, it can’t be denied that the Parmak Magnum Solar-Pak 12 Electric Fence Charger has a simple appearance.
At the outside, it only consists of very basic components like a solar panel, a performance meter, and 3 buttons. It is simple, isn’t it? This makes the charger itself easy for gardeners to use.
Besides, this model is completely portable and you can hang it on everywhere you want thanks to its waterproof material. And even when it is damaged by lightning, you can make a replacement or repair with the manufacturer’s full 2-year warranty.
And the most wonderful thing is that this fence charger is UL-listed. For those who may not know, UL is a Third-party safety testing organization licensed by the US government, whose evaluation is not for the benefits of the organization, nor for the financial benefits of the product. Therefore, you can trust the certified product.
When it comes to the power source, this electric fence charger features the most advanced and modern solar panel. It also includes a 12-volt rechargeable battery.
First of all, let’s talk about the solar panel. In fact, solar is a great and convenient energy source as it is free and renewable and can be used even when there is an electric cut. As far as this product is concerned, it takes the free energy from the sun and turns it into electricity, charging the fencer all year round.
In terms of battery, it is sealed properly to protect it from different weather conditions like rain or abrasion. Along with that, at night when there is no sun, the 12-volt battery takes the role, charging the fencer. And the most special thing is that the kit includes a spare battery and it is guaranteed with a warranty for a year.
In short, as the solar panel charges the fence during the day and the battery powers it at night, users do not have to recharge it and obviously, your fence will be protected all the time. Thus, you can save more time, money, and energy.
This is a patented feature of the Parmak brand. The performance meter in this product has 3 exclusive functions, which are Meter Operation Test, Battery Charge Level Test, and Charger Voltage Output Test.
- Meter Operation Test: In this test, it will show you whether the meter is functioning properly and smoothly or not by sweeping the needle to the top of the green and returning back to the bottom of the red. Thus, if it is working correctly, it will go to full scale and back; otherwise, you will need to check the power source or battery to find out the causes.
- Battery Charge Level Test: There are 3 colors, indicating each battery state. When the needle points at the red, then you had better recharge the battery before operating the charger. Meanwhile, if it gives the green indication, the battery is well charged and can function correctly. And when it comes to the yellow, the battery should be recharged as soon as possible as it is low. This test is running in the next 5 seconds after the meter operation test.
- Charger Voltage Output Test: In the final test, the meter will show you the exact amount of voltage available on the fence. Like the second test, this test is also indicated by 3 colors. The green represents a good voltage on the fence, while the yellow shows low fence voltage, and the red means there is no voltage and you need to check the fence charger immediately.
This electric fence charger offers an advanced and exclusive circuitry that can charge up to 30 miles of fence with 3.1 joules. Also, it offers an adequate electric shock to keep your domesticated animals inside the fence and drive away predators.
According to the manufacturer, as it has low impedance and an open circuit 11,000-volt voltage, it is recommended to use this fence charger for medium to large livestock like cattle, horses, sheep, pigs, and goats.
Besides, for ultimate usage, users should leave the fence charger under the sunlight for several days before turning it on. This is to help the charger charged fully to prolong its lifespan.
All in all, despite its a little high price, the Parmak Magnum Solar-Pak 12 Electric Fence Charger is a good electrified fencing system and can meet many requirements of gardeners. It is praised thanks to the high quality it offers which you can trust.
Hopefully, with my review, you can understand more about this product and can make a wise decision.
Thanks for reading!