Many diseases that your horse may face are caused by internal parasites or worms. Some common symptoms and diseases are diarrhea, weight loss, nasal discharge, and bloating. Therefore, it is necessary to use proper dewormer for your horse’s safety.
In the marketplace now, you can find a wide range of equine deworming products. But if you need to look for something affordable and effective, then take a look at my Bimeda Equimax horse wormer review.
Highlights Of Bimeda Equimax Horse Wormer
- A combination of ivermectin and praziquantel wormer
- Completely safe to use with no side-effects
- Can be used for all horses, including four-week foals, breeding stallions or pregnant mares.
- Guaranteed 100% effective in treating and controlling roundworms, tapeworms, and bots
- A quick-dissolving paste
- Feature the apple flavor
- Easy to use
- One single dose for up to 1,320 lb horse’s body weight
- Gain approval from the FDA as an all-in-one dewormer
- Available in different numbers per package: 2, 3, 6, and 12 tubes.
Pros and Cons
About Bimeda Brand
Bimeda is a leading manufacturer speaking of animal healthcare products. The company stands out for global excellence with its customer-driven service and extensive lines of high-quality products.
The product ranges of Bimeda are for various species, such as horses, livestock, bees, fish, and other companion animals (dogs, cats). There are products for different health issues that your animal may face, like anti-parasitics, anti-inflammatories, vitamin supplements, joint support, and more.
Bimeda has expanded in more than seventy countries with demanding markets, including South and North America, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Africa. Through consistent innovations and strategies, the brand has made its name in the animal healthcare industry.
Comprehensive Equimax Horse Wormer Reviews
An all-round wormer
The first feature that makes this dewormer stand out is that it is multi-functional for a wide range of internal parasites, including tapeworms, hairworms, pinworms, lungworms, bots, small and large strongyles, stomach worms, ascarid, and more.
Compared to other horse dewormers in the marketplace, the Equimax features a higher percentage of ivermectin and praziquantel, which are two active ingredients for treating parasite infestations. With just a single dose, your horse’s issue can quickly see its significant improvement.
Safe for all types of horses
When using dewormer, safety is one of the most primary concerns for horse caretakers. Most of the products in the marketplace are limited to some equine species. But with the Equimax wormer, it is not an issue that you have to worry about. It shows no side effects that cause illness in your horses.
This product has been tested as safe to use for all types of horses. For foals, the minimum age for usage is four weeks old. At this age, foals should have a routine for deworming treatment since their immune system to parasitic infection is weak.
The wormer is also safe for pregnant and lactating mares. It is proved to do no harm to the equine fertility nor cause any risk of abortion. Aside from that, it is also recommended for breeding stallions since it does not affect their reproductive hormone levels and the semen quality.
Precise and easy dosing
The amount of dose does matter to the effectiveness of deworming. This Equimax product features an Eze-Grip syringe, which is very easy to use and handle.
On the plunger are the weight markings that help to deliver accurate dosing for your horse. A full dose contains an adequate quick-dissolving paste for a horse with up to 1320-lb weight.
How To Manage Parasite Infestations?
Besides using dewormer for your horses, you should keep in mind other rules to better manage worm infestations. On top of that, remember to do a regular checkup with your vet to ensure the effective deworming program.
- Manage the pasture properly: Try to keep manure away from your fields, as much as possible.
- Avoid overstock or overgrazing your pasture: the minimum area for grazing should be within 0.4 to 0.6 hectares.
- Rest your pastures after fertilizing for as long as possible.
- Always pick up your horse’s “poop” to avoid possible parasitic worms.
- Manage your horse’s fecal egg count.
- Avoid deworming under extreme weather conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How to administer the Equimax horse wormer?
- Step 1: Hold the plunger and slightly turn the knurled ring on the plunger to the left. Slide it to the prescribed weight marking.
- Step 2. Slightly turn the ring to right to keep it in place
- Step 3. Ensure that there is no feed in the horse’s mouth.
- Step 4. Remove the tip’s cover.
- Step 5. Let your horse’s mouth open and insert the syringe tip into the space between the two sets of teeth.
- Step 6. Push down the plunger as much as possible, making sure that the paste is put on the back of the tongue.
- Step 7. After dosing, immediately lift the horse’s head in a few seconds.
Question 2: How do I store the product?
According to the manufacturer, the ideal room temperature is 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit) with the permitted deviation between 15°- 30°C (59° – 86°F).
As the ivermectin is harmful to aquatic organisms, you should remember not to throw it into the water. Additionally, get rid of the product by incineration or throw in an approved landfill.
Question 3: Does this product have any precaution?
If your horse is suffering from severe neck threadworm infections, he/she may have itching and swelling reactions after using this product. This is caused by a large number of eliminated microfilariae. Should the reactions occur, you should consult your vet.
Deworming is an essential way to keep your horse healthy and productive. Among a variety of dewormers in the marketplace, you should not miss out on the Equimax product from Bimeda due to its effectiveness and all-round features.
Through my Equimax horse wormer reviews, I hope that you understand the product’s features. If you have used it, don’t hesitate to share with me your result!
Table of Contents
- Highlights Of Bimeda Equimax Horse Wormer
- Pros and Cons
- About Bimeda Brand
- Comprehensive Equimax Horse Wormer Reviews
- How To Manage Parasite Infestations?
- Frequently Asked Questions