A good automatic horse waterer wil keep your horse hydrated during the hot season.
There are many brand of waterers available, but everyone deserves to get the best product. Therefore, we are here to give you the list of 5 best automatic horse waterers on the market now!
Table of Contents≡
Top 5 Best Automatic Horse Waterers 2020 Reviews
It requires a great deal of effort to raise a horse, so you will need an automatic horse waterer to reduce your workload. And the Flagline Miller Mfg.88SW is a good choice for you.
Its bulky design not only makes it easy to use but it also prevents horses from pulling it over.
Another utility you can have when owning this Miller version is its convenient tap. The tap’s smart design provides you with easy fixing and disconnecting.
- Easily connect to the pipe system of your house
- Easy to use, you don’t need to be specially trained before using it.
- Easy for you to fix or cut off.
- Made from good quality material
- There are complaints of leaking and water overflowing.
- Be careful to choose the right hose that fits the waterer, they must have the same end types.
- Rust easily after using for a few months.
This steel automatic stock waterer is very useful for raising horse and other outdoor animals like goats, cows, sheep or dogs.
Because it is made of heavy gauge steel, so it is very sturdy. Besides, it is also easy to install. This one is really worth your money so you should consider buying one.
Let’s have a look at its pros and cons!
- Suitable for raising many kinds of animals
- Easy to install at any heights
- Made of highly resistant material
- Adjustable float provided
- Easily rust at the water line after a few months using
- Small in size
The little giant fw16 automatic waterer is able to use for many purposes, you can use it for your horses as well as other cattle in your house.
If you want an automatic waterer that doesn’t need any complicated installment, let’s pick up the little giant one.
It is not a difficult task to connect it to your own garden pipe, flex or hose. Moreover, it is made of top quality steel so you can rest assured about anticorrosion.
- Easy to install, no need for any special training.
- Made of top quality material.
- Able to use with many kinds of animals such as horse, dog, cat,…
- Difficult to clean because of its size
- You have to buy the hardware of this waterer separately
The rite farm automatic waterer is a good option for anyone who is seeking for a product that has a reasonable price and is able to last for a long time.
This product has a very cheap price. Moreover, it is made of heavy gauge stainless steel, which is well constructed and has a long life.
In addition, it is very comfortable to use due to its ability to shut off automatically when the water is full. Therefore, there is no need to worry about overflowing.
- Long Lasting product with superior quality material.
- Able to shut off constantly when there is enough water
- Reasonable price
- The inlets can be leaked after 4 months
- The inlet pipe is rather small.
If you are finding a product that is capable of containing a large amount of water, this large automatic stock waterer absolutely suits your needs.
Its large size makes it able to hold more than 4 liters, which is a good way to reduce your workload.
Unlike other products, it is made of Heavy Duty Nylon with UV protection. Therefore, it is obvious that there is no rusting.
- Able to use for horses, cattle as well as other outside animals.
- Able to contain plenty of water(over 4 liters)
- No worry for rusting due to UV-protected material
- Easy for cleaning due to its large size
- It is not made of metal, so it is not sturdy.
- There aren’t lags and bolts provided.
- You need to buy hardware separately.
How To Keep Horse Waterer Clean?
Water plays an important role in maintaining the horse’s health as it can affect the horse’s digestive system, temperature, and fluid balance. Therefore, keeping waterer clean is a vital task when you raise horses.
But it is quite a challenge to ensure your horses have a clean water supply. Keep on reading to know how!
Add bleach to water:
One of the effective ways to keep the water clean and free of algae is to put 1 or 2 drops of bleach into the water. The chlorine contained in bleach is capable of disinfecting the water.
With the help of sunlight, chlorine in bleach will act as a deterrent to the growth of algae. By using bleach, you can be confident that the water supply for your horse is completely clean.
Although doing this can affect the taste of the water, you don’t need to worry because your horse will adapt to it soon!
Goldfish is very helpful for keeping the water clean. Raising a few goldfish is a good idea as it can help remove mosquitoes and reduce algae as well. Because goldfish can eat algae, so you don’t need to feed them.
Because fish can’t live in water that contains chlorine, so be sure you don’t do these techniques at the same time.
Cover your waterer
By covering the top of your waterer, you are able to reduce the amount the sunlight approaching the water.
As one of the main causes of dirty water is algae, reducing the amount of sunlight means reducing the growth of algae because algae need sunlight to grow.
It is not difficult to design a cover, and you need is only a piece of wood. Therefore, find a piece of wood that fits your waterer and do the waterer cover now!
Video How to fix an Automatic Horse Waterer
Which Best Automatic Horse Waterer should I buy?
Nowadays, there are many products available for you to choose, but it is not easy to narrow down the excellent ones. Therefore, the list of 5 best automatic horse waterer is really helpful to you
We are hopeful that after reading articles, you are able to pick up the most suitable product for your house by considering the pros and cons of each product.
If you find it difficult to choose the best option, it is advisable for you to choose the Large Black Automatic Stock Waterer as it has a reasonable price and relatively large size.
Don’t forget to let us know which the most effective automatic waterer is by leaving a comment below!
>>> See more: Best Barn Fans for Horse